Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed – Extra Credit

The Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and Bed exhibition is taking place in the 3rd floor of The MET Breuer located at 945 Madison Ave. Edvard Munch was a Norwegian artist who grew in popularity due to his artistic skills and how he captures human anxiety through his work.

The exhibit consists of 43 pieces of work also including 16 self portraits that’s never been seen before in the United States and you can only see it exclusively in the MET Breuer. Out of all of the pieces of art I’ve seen throughout the entire exhibition, one that I have to say that caught my full attention was this artwork Munch made that was called “The Night Wanderer”. First thing I noticed was the way how Munch was standing and the way how he’s staring at us.

You don’t see him as an artist in this self portrait, but more of an old man walking around his house late at night. His eyes looked like as if they were pitch black in a way, making them seem hollow. One thing that made me wonder was if his eyes was the night sky behind him embodied within him making it seem as if there was darkness on the inside.

One Response to Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed – Extra Credit

1. rmichals says:

I am sorry but this is not the exhibit I asked students to see for extra credit. I asked students to go see the Modernism on the Ganges exhibit by Raghubir Singh. Why would I ask students to look at paintings for a photography class?