Art! Camera! Food! FYLC Spring 2018

active 4 days, 7 hours ago
Art! Camera! Food! FYLC Spring 2018
Hospitality Management,Humanities
HMGT 1203/ HMGT 1204/ ARTH1100
Spring 2018

The Art! Camera! Food! Learning Community for HMGT students to explore the ever increasing art of gastronomy through the lens of digital media. This website is for students in Prof Zimmerman’s Culinary I (Weds AM section), Prof Warner’s Baking & Pastry I (Weds AM section), and Prof Cheng’s History of Photography (Mon section) classes.

Faculty: Thalia Warner (HMGT), Tracy Zimmerman (HMGT), and Sandra Cheng (ARTH)

This learning community explores the “art” in the culinary arts. Can we look at food in aesthetic terms of art, beauty, and taste? Can we appreciate food like a work of art? Our learning community is comprised of first-year Hospitality students in Culinary Arts I or Baking and Pastry I, join together in the History of Photography with a focus and a lens on food as art.

Increase the scope of your learning by enrolling in this exciting and ground breaking learning community. Meet and work with …… Connect with faculty across disciplines. Discover the interconnectedness of disciplines within the college and the worlds you will work in.
Gain a new ‘lens’ from which to view your chosen course of study!

Image credit: Brittany Wright, citrus gradient. wrightkitchen.com

Baking and Pastry Week 10 / Danish Dough, Whole Wheat Boules, Assorted soft rolls- Club, Butterflake, and Cloverleaf

Today we had the pleasure of learning the steps of making danish dough using the modified straight […] See MoreBaking and Pastry Week 10 / Danish Dough, Whole Wheat Boules, Assorted soft rolls- Club, Butterflake, and Cloverleaf

Napoleon

The Napoleon is a pastry made of many layers of puff pastry with filling alternating the layers. […] See MoreNapoleon

Financier

Financier Patisserie first opened in the lower Manhattan near the stock market […] See MoreFinancier

Thanks for sharing this opportunity. Very glad to hear you are back. See More

This is a dish that brings back many childhood memories. Thanks for sharing. See More

Good photo, I can almost smell it! See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.