Leslie Picon LL5

Q1.When and why would you as an art director or a photographer chose traditional portrait lighting with a main light,fill and background light for a portrait?

Using traditional portrait gives a soft feeling to the face. Also it makes the person seem calm and its mostly used for yearbook. The background lets us focus on the person more. Also it make the image less flat.

Q2.when and why would you as an art director or a photographer chose side light for a portrait?Are there any disadvantages to side light?

A photographer would chose side light  to make the image look more dramatic. It will make the finished photo stand out. The disadvantages would be if you’re smiling. It won’t look great.

Q3.When and why would you  as an art director or a photographer chose front light for a portrait?Are there any disadvantages to front light?

They would chose front light to make the face more visible and soft looking.  Also it makes the face seem like you have no flaws. The disadvantages is that if you have a serious face it wouldn’t look that good.

Q4.When and why would you as an art director or a photographer decide to use wide angle distortion in a portrait?

The photographer would use wide angle to show all the features of the person.

About Leslie Picon

My name is Leslie Picon, I'm a female student. I attend City Tech, and my major is Advertising Graphic Design.
This entry was posted in LL5-Portrait Lighting for Mood, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.