Eat-ing a bowl of Tea

This week, I went to a History of Immigration, Ethnicity & Nativism course blog. I searched the course list for a blog I thought I find interesting and this particular history course caught my eye. The experience itself was fun because I got a decent slether of iformation from this post. The topic automatically caught my attention and before I knew it I was typing a paragraph expressing how I felt though I hadn’t even seen the film shown in this class. Though, no one has replied to my post particularly, I did like the assignment.

I like the open lab way better than blackboard mainly because if I want to, I can just jump into a class dicussion. It seem like Blackboard neglects to remember that knowledge doesn’t end with the 20-30 students in a course. In order to truly learn, questions have to asked, points must be proven, theories have to battled and I feel like Blackboard doesn’t let us do that. Everyone is so consumed with their own work and their warden like teaching system that we don’t even know our classmates. We don’t even look at what their posting. It’s no longer a discussion board but a pile of electronic homework sheets. I love how I can get a glimpse of courses before I jump into them by registering. Just off this assignment, I do plan to get into the History of Immigration, Ethnicity & Nativism course in a future semester.

Overall, at first I was leery in doing this assignment but I liked it.

https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/his3208s6757f11/2012/03/28/eat-a-bowl-of-tea-assignment/

^^^^ Here’s the link ^^^^