A narrative versus a response essay

You have written one response essay and are almost finished with your narrative. Describe what you feel are the most important differences between the two.

15 thoughts on “A narrative versus a response essay”

1. the most important differences between the two are that respond a essay you have to state if you agree or disagree with The author by refereeing to Information from the article and from your own experience. However, The narrative is just telling a story that had happened by providing a lot details that described the event.

2. I feel tenses are the most important differences between response essay and narrative essay because in a response essay you only need to use past tense when you state a quote but in a narrative essay you need to use past tense all the time.

3. I think the most important differences between the two are the response essay is to tell the reader your own opinion, like agree or disagree with the author. The narrative is your personal story to tell the reader what happens in your own life, and the story almost occurs past.

4. In the respond essay you are choosing a side or a idea that you can support with that statement also you need evidence to support. However in a narrative essay is you are the person telling the story from your own person point of view to describe what is happening during that time or period.

5. I feel that the narrative is more flexible and I can do whatever I want with it. Also, it’s all from my head I don’t need to read a text. However, the response is not that flexible and we have to stick to the author’s idea and try to make the connection from his story to our story. In addition, we have to stay in one position either agree or disagree.

6. The most important difference between the two is that one is to answer questions by citing the information and details in the article. The other is to describe various aspects of things through writing. A response essay is a detailed answer to the author’s different questions by reading(such as do you agree with the author’s point of view and explain).However, a narrative only requires the author to develop a detailed description of his or others’ stories (a detailed description such as five senses, details, emotions, and dialogue).

7. The most important differences between narrative essay and response essay are:
    1) A narrative essay have to have a lot description, use five senses to help readers create an image; a respond essay only need a strong example to prove the these or the main idea of a body paragraphs.
    2)A narrative essay have to have share something your own experiences, but a respond essay can use example text to tex, text to world or text tp self.

8. The most important differences between response essay and the narrative essay is given below: Response essay is the other persons lifes one important happening and narrative essay is our own lifes one important happening. In response essay have to have the writer’s name and the article name in the introductory paragraph but which is not important in narrative essay. Narrative essay have to have dialog which is unimportant in the response essay. In response essay we do not have to include 5 sense of minds but in the narrative it is important.

9. I have written one response essay and almost finished with my narrative. I feel the most important differences between the two are the response essay I need to refer to an article and to choose if I agree and disagree about the writer point. However, the narrative I am telling the reader the story by giving details, dialogue between the character, described my feelings,and the event in the story.

10. I think the biggest different between respond essay and narrative essay is in respond essay is show how did you think about the article like agree or disagree and the narrative was need to show your felt to made the readers think what would they do in that situation.

11. They are both very important narrative is where you can tell a story about yourself and also about someone else, the respond paper is where you can criticize about someone else paper and also make comments about if you agree or not.

12. The most important difference between a narrative essay and response essay is that in a narrative essay we distribute the information between sentences and paragraphs to guide the reader through the sequence of events. Also we give a lot of details describing the story. In the response essay we trigger thought-provoking problems and questions. We relate the event that is the subject of our paper in clear terms, remembering that our focus is not on the event itself but our response to that event.

13. Respond essays and narrative essays are two big difference essays.
    Narrative essay is talking about people happening, all people incidents. The central point is the most important part of that essay, also is with characters, dialogue, setting, conflict.. However respond essay involves problem and question including own idea in the text. Meaning that cause and effect is more likely happen in respond essay.

14. The most important difference between the two giving details, dialogue between the character, described my feelings, and the event in the story. the response essay is to tell the reader your own opinion, like agree or disagree with the author and narrative eassy is where you can tell a story about yourself and also about someone else and also life story .

15. The most important difference between the two, a narrative essay emphasizes the elements of a story to bring an experience of life using the elements of characterization and setting. The response paper is an opinion by yourself to tell the reader your point of disagreement or agree with the author’s points of view.