March 25-Every narrative has specific characteristics that make it strong. What is the role of the senses in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” Please use examples to support your idea.

14 thoughts on “March 25-Every narrative has specific characteristics that make it strong. What is the role of the senses in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” Please use examples to support your idea.”

1. The role of the senses in “an immigrant’s silent struggle” are to describe the writer feeling toward the story. For example, he stated that “I was in fact broke and eagerly anticipating my return to the states.”

2. I think is engaging the reader to understand what happened to the writer is the role of the senses in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” For example, in the first paragraph is telling the reader that the narrator went back to Africa but is not explaining what happened to him next. So I think it is engaging you to read more and more about what’s going on.

3. I believe that the role os senses of the narrative story “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle” is that he’s sharing to the reader his feeling and how was the journey ones he left and come to his country for instance “Living in America had been like running a marathon, and I had hoped that my trip back home would provide me with some rest and relaxation”.

4. I think the role of the senses in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle” is to describe his feeling when he meets the onion seller. The text states “How could I tell him that I envied his simple innocent life. How could I tell him that I was guilty of creating a false image of Africans living abroad?”

5. The role of the sense in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” is to describe the writer’s feeling toward the story. In the story “The first time I had left, I was fueled with naive ambition.”

6. Make the narrative store more interesting and real by give details of the author’s role. A narrative story “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle,” given the role of the author to show it was he own experience. Given detail by showing, not just telling. Also, it help to prove it is not a fake story.

7. when we are writing a personal narrative, we have to give an example from 5 senses which contains sight,sound,smell,touch and taste. IN “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle” has a sense of smell like onion because there is a onion seller and the narrative also contains sense of taste like hot sunny day.

8. The role of the senses in “an immigrant’s silent struggle” was a clue to told the reader what happen . For example,the author write “uncles and aunts had sacrificed much to raise money for my trip abroad.”This told reader how does come to America.

9. The role of the senses in the “An Immigrant ’s Silent Struggle” is that the author uses narrative form to express his own story, this way can cause readers more relevant feelings. The 5 senses are about vision, sound, smell, touch, and taste. The author uses sensory expressions in the article to express his thoughts, emotions, and stories more clearly.

10. The sense of ” An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle” is a narrative form where the author explains in every way the way he feels to move to the USA.

11. I believe is drawing in the lector to comprehend what befell the essayist in “An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” For instance, the main passage is telling the reader that the storyteller returned to Africa however isn’t disclosing what occur him next.

12. I believe the role of the senes is to make the reader feel the story. For example, when he said “ many stressful years for the sake of becoming a permanent resident in America “ this shows that he work so hard and wants us to feel his situation.

13. Every narrative has specific characteristics that make it strong. The role of the senses in ” An Immigrant’s Silent Struggle.” is to create an image to reader’s mind.
    For example: I wore a designer shirt and matching pants that I had bought in a megamall in Detroit , Where I worked as an engineer.