Texture and Pattern Project

Texture/ Figure/ Ground, 50/50/b/w and pattern.  On the left it shows the original patterns, on the right same patterns , but 50/50 white and black balance in between each square, which makes all squares relate to one another.

Texture/ Figure/ Ground, 50/50/b/w and pattern. On the left it shows the original patterns, on the right same patterns , but 50/50 black to white balance in between each square.

I must admit, this project was extremely fun! From looking for patterns in my classmates shoes (which gave me an opportunity to socialize and make new friends,) to selecting a good size and cutting them and finally placing them together in balance. I guess it was a bit challenging trying to find other patterns other than my classmates shoes, but in the end I feel like the overall left side of this project was an success (Although it was a big hard cutting without scissors but with a blazer.)

The right side of this project was a little bit tricker. I had to balance out each square to a 50/50 black to white, and make every square communicate with one another to make one overall piece. I had to redo this one part of the project for at least 3 times till I finally got it right. However I love the outcome of it, and in the near future I would definitely redo something like this.

>>>Plans for 50/50 black to white patterns<<<