Response #5

I was never aware of the story behind Dracula. Yes, I heard of him in cartoons and maybe someone will plan on being him for halloween, but I never knew how the story really went. After reading Dracula, I believe it has been one of the scariest novels I’ve read so far. Like I was having anxiety while I read that Jonathan wasn’t able to escape the castle. The setting seems very gloomy and dark as well as scary and I felt sorry for Jonathan because he was somewhat oblivious to the scenery. Jonathan was brave for staying in this castle for so long and also for having the courage to stay calm even after dracula tried to basically strangle him after seeing the blood from his cut. If I were Jonathan and Dracula had told me to write a letter in advance to a certain date, I would’ve questioned him like; why? Is there a reason as to why you want me to write a letter to my fiancé so early before the given dates? It must be upsetting to know that you are planning a trip and then you technically become ambushed and you are trapped with nowhere to go. Jonathan was wise to seek the help of a gipsy in order to get help from someone ,but unfortunately, it did not get to his destination and I love the suspense behind sceneries like those because it brings the reader’s attention.

This entry was posted in Response 5. Bookmark the permalink.