Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - HD18 | Spring 2022

Pick a model and organize your ideas

The Discourse community I belong to– TWITCH

Problem/issue in twitch 

A problem could be random people hating on streamers, and just having negative thoughts, when they’re a good person and just playing games, a podcast, or anything.

Possible audiences telling this problem too

-Twitch officials itself. With this already been happening, twitch has put it on their community guidelines called “hateful conduct and harassment”

– people who stream alot and are more known for streaming on twitch.

– the viewers 

I’m going to write a letter

The model I’m going to choose is a letter because I feel like writing a letter would specifically reach the audience I’m talking to. This will help me make my argument because writing a letter to the officials of twitch can show them what is going on in their community, especially from someone who sees this happen.

Planning

dear blah blah blah,

p1

-Saying hello introducing myself, say how long you’ve been a twitch member. How watching your favorite streamers gives you a sort or “break” of reality. Mine is playing games. Watching funny people play. How your a big supporter(how long you’ve been supporting)

-Then talk about how you’ve been seeing only awful things to your favorite streamer but other ones that i really enjoy watching as well. 

p2

-Putting that its affecting not only the streamers but the viewers as well

-this can cause streamers to stream anymore because of constant hate

-give an example, of a person experiencing and not wanting stream anymore cause of hate

– this could make a chain reaction with other streamers in the twitch community 

– explain how  

P3

-conclusion to your argument 

-how this can be fixed

– “thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my letter” (something like that)

Sincerely,

(my name)

1. Ruth Garcia

Chelsea– We’ve talked about your topic and this looks good so I don’t have any suggestions at this moment. Reach out if you have specific questions.