My Reflection

1. Decoupage
  2. Achromatous
  3. Combative Anticipation
  4. Commensurate
  5. Stoicism
  6. Meritocratic
  7. Amalgam
  8. Egalitarian
  9. Truculently
  10. Galvanized
  11. Disdainful
  12. Introspection

The main objective of the glossary assignments was to come across words that I was unfamiliar with while reading articles and stories in class or at home. After finding these new words, I would label them as a noun, verb, or adjective. Next I would put the definition and explain what I first thought the word meant. Finally, I would describe how the word is being used and explain how it connects within the bases of the story. I think this assignment was very helpful because it made my understanding of the reading flow more progressively and clearly. For example, it allowed me to break down the sentences and understand what the author was actually trying to convey to me as the reader. Also, with learning new words it built and enhanced my vocabulary as a whole because I found more complex words to use instead of basic ones. For instance, the simpler words are more specific and straight forward while the complex words can be used to describe different things or have a deeper meaning. In addition, these complex words helped me with my pronunciation and also finding out where they originated from. It affected my coordination and communication with my classmates because we would help each other figure out what the word means. Meaning, if one person knew what the word meant, they could explain what it is and how it’s used in the text.