Project II: Greg’s Project

12 thoughts on “Project II: Greg’s Project

1. GScott

For this project, I decided to film it on my own. I have narrowed down my ideas and will decide on which one to do soon.

For equipment I am using my sisters camera, the Canon 7D. For audio, I will be using my own gear. I have an Zoom H4N mixer, boom mic, and some lavs.

My sister came by the school on Tuesday to show me how to use the 7D. I have a newfound respect for that camera. Contra zoom is going to take some time to do on that camera tho. There is no zoom button, its all manual.

2. Ryoya Terao Post author

Excellent equipment!
    >Contra zoom is going to take some time to do on that camera tho. There is no zoom button, its all manual.

That’s how it was in the old days. When you are able to do this without any zoom lever, you will be very good at it. I’m glad you found something challenging in this project!

3. GScott

Thank you Professor and Angela.

I have made a final decision on what I will be filming about. I will get more into detail about that soon.

I also have my main character and a few role players to help participate. I plan on filming this on a basketball court in Staten Island.

I know some classmates have their own cameras that they photograph with. If anybody is willing and available, I would like for someone to come on a shoot day and take B roll footage of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on when the camera is not rolling.

A set photographer basically.

4. GScott

Today I went location scouting with my mom in the park. Found the court I am going to use. I took the shot list I made and the camera angles we have to incorporate in the video with me. I took pictures of the angles and did a test shoot of the shots that I have so far on my phone.

It came out great and Im really excited to see the real thing.

I wanted to upload a couple pics but couldn’t figure it out, yet. I will try again, I got some really good ones.

5. GScott

This weekend was a great weekend of shooting and editing. On Friday, I was able to gather all my talent a film a great short. It came out even better than I envisioned. Everybody had a great time and my main actress caught the acting bug lol. The weather and all worked in my favor. Rarely do production days go as smooth as this one so I am grateful.

Saturday I came to City Tech to edit the piece. I put together a raw edit of the film and I am pretty satisfied with the results. A little touch up on Monday, adding the audio, and then the world premier on Tuesday.