Project II: Smart Phone People

10 thoughts on “Project II: Smart Phone People

1. GScott

I had fun working and making a cameo in this groups project. I like the topic they have as it relates to todays society of electronically obsessed people.

Just remember to wait a beat after the director calls rolling and then action. You want to be mindful of the editing process. There needs to be ample time in each take to cleanly trim and adjust the shot as accurately as possible. It is pretty hard to do that without some “slack” to work with.

Also make sure that the camera is not picking up anyones reflection in any mirrors or glass windows. I caught myself in one of the OTS shots.

Great work tho.

2. Richard Holzhauer

Thursday was a pretty successful day of filming.
    We started with getting a long shot of the the V- building. We then moved on to where Dom was an actor, and we got a long shot, and medium shot of him crossing the street while looking at his phone. The shot was natural because we had to film based off of cars that were driving by that did not know we were filming. The communication process went well. I would text Dom when to cross the street.Then we started to film in the lobby. I was an actor for this scene. I walked through the lobby looking down at my cell phone while bumping in the professor and Greg. After bouncing off them, i walked through a couple of random students, who were also on their phones; and they were unaware of their surroundings also. The next scene consisted of Remmy and JoJo sitting next to each other but both on their smart phones. This was a close up of both of them not paying attention. The Shot that we have to work on next class is when I follow Greg with the camera as he walks up the stairs and trips. He might be too tall, because i was unable to see he was on his cell phone from behind. We will work on this next session

1. Ryoya Terao Post author

>The communication process went well. I would text Dom when to cross the street.

That was clever! I’m glad there was no accident! Safety is the priority even when you have some brilliant ideas for filming. I believe this group has a lot more to film on the second day.

3. Angela

The footage looks good, im guessing theres more too shoot. i like the concept it seems very relatable. and I like how the outdoor shots looks like its going to be a good one once its prefected