Project II: a “short” story

22 thoughts on “Project II: a “short” story

1. Maci

For this project it’s important that we draw on personal experiences.

For me that’s often not being able to reach the things i need. Also things falling on my head so maybe we can have a shot of one of our short members reaching up to grab something and that being one of the issues.

Also the uncomfortableness that can be experienced in elevators when someone’s but is in your stomach when the elevator is crowded.

Definitely a shot were a a shorter individual is talking to someone taller(we will have to get another tall person obviously)

2. Maci

So i think the LS EXT can be of the school. I imagine that it would be easier to shoot in the building. There are more obstacles to be faced inside.

we can use the conversation to display the 180 degree rule. either standing or one where the two actors are sitting. Maybe for the sitting it can be two unhappy short people who become happy once they stand up and realize they’ve found a fellow shortie(lol) or maybe a guy and a girl and they stand and the girl is bummed that the guy is so much taller.

3. Ryoya Terao Post author

Good. This story can be humorous and profound at the same time. There may be some disadvantage for being short, but there is some advantage, too ! Think of a good ending. After all, what is important in life is not our height!

1. Ryoya Terao Post author

Well, in a short video like this, having what is positive in the end is often a good idea. A clear message can be assimilated and passed on to others.

4. Angela

I think this is a cool idea and me being tall and never having this issue and pretty much being on the opposite side of this issue will be fun for me to watch. I think a lot of close up shots and walking shots can help bring the feelin og being short to the viewers

5. Ryoya Terao Post author

This may be a new topic to explore in a short video. The next filming day will be important. Everyone needs to work even more efficiently. Planning matters.

6. Karla

I have become so fond of this idea and i’m glad this is our topic. We are doing a great job coming up with advantages and disadvantages for being short and we’re having a lot of fun as a group. It is also very fun in a way that the camera angle is being positioned both in the way short people will have and tall people as well. As a group we’ve sat and talked about the different shots and scenarios that will fit one another in order to create something we’re proud of.

7. GScott

lol the footage is great. This has the potential to be really funny. The parts with Angela leaning on everybody’s shoulder was a great idea and well executed.

One note though. It is very important that when you are rolling to be silent when the director or cam-op yells action, and remain silent until he/she calls cut. Unless you are planning to use other audio besides the one captured, you do not want to ruin a great shot because you were talking or laughing.

Otherwise it looks good, its really funny lol.

8. Maci

Yes really funny. We definitely has to be more careful of the sound. Thanks Angela for the help those scenes were great.

Disadvantage
    –we should do a scene on either not being able to see over a crowd of taller ppl(could just be three people)
    –one where we cant see over a window,
    –or the swing legs in the computer chair(like when u have to keep readjusting the seat height and when u try to move in it u have to scoot forward to get a better baring on the floor).
    –or trying to push a taller person….kinda hard

advantages
    –good at hide and go seek(good at hiding in general, so maybe avoiding someone and hide)
    –noting having to duck your head
    –and being carried is super awesome
    –crowd-weaving(not sure if we can do this one)
    –people don’t mind helping a shorter person generally
    –and people tend to underestimate shorter ppl so its really awesome when u can outdo them at certain tasks.

okay and so we still need to do

LS Ext. your filming location
    person entering and exiting the frame
    contra…zoom…
    10 second follow
    180

that’s a bunch but we can do it.

9. tylar

The last shot you guys were working on was really good . ( with greg) .
    In the beginning you guys had some trouble starting but it all cam together in the end .
    🙂

10. Angela

The footage is great and I watched a bit of the editing and it was good so far. I like the story line its relatable to people of all ages and very funny as well