Professor: Joe Brogdon

Agenda: Week 3

white paper with teal script writing and a clear pen with teal ink inside that reads "ASA Galactic India 2015"
Asa Stellar Galactic” by John Keogh via Flickr CC BY-NC 2.0

Tuesday, February 6

TEXTS

WRITING

• Brainstorm ideas to select your discourse community. To select your discourse community, consider some of the following questions:
  • What is your major? Does your academic path have its own set of special words and phrases? What specialized knowledge is required to succeed?
  • Do you have a job that requires you to use specific slang words or phrases that the general public would probably not understand?
  • In your home and family life, are there cultural practices or ways of doing things that are specific to your ethnic background/nationality that outsiders might not understand?

Thursday, February 8

TEXTS

WRITING

1. Irina Urmi

”I am someone’s Daughter Too” by Alexandria ocasio-cortez is a powerful speech addressing various societal issues, particularly regarding women’s rights social justice.

As for my ”major”, I don’t have one in the traditional sense since i’m an Al language model. However, my academic path involves a focus on natural language processing and understanding, which entails various specialized words and phrase related to machine learning and computer science. To succeed in this field, one needs a strong understanding of algorithms, statistics programming language and linguistics among other subjects.Additionally, staying updated on the latest research and advancements in the field is crucial for success.