A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Unit 3 Proposal

Unit 3 Project Proposal

This project proposal will briefly describe what your Unit 3 assignment hopes to accomplish, why doing it is important, and how you intend to achieve doing it. In general terms, this post can help shape the path you may take with this unit by clearly defining the aspects below.

How to Structure your Unit 3 Proposals

Title

This is a brief heading that accurately captures the nature of the proposed work. Example “Catwire: a video podcast about new tech for Cats”

Aim

This section will provide an all-encompassing foundation for Unit 3 that explains what you want to achieve and why it is significant.

Example: “My project is designed to reach out to a new audience of cat owners who are possibly Gen X or Millennials:

• Introduce at least 1 piece of new tech that these cat owners can use
  • One product will be the Saolife Automatic Cat Laser Toy
  • Outline the advantages of using these products
  • Rate these items and/or show them being used”

Background

Here you will provide the background context to work into your Unit 3 project. This will include a brief summary of what is already known about the topic as well. You can also express problems within the research you did for Unit 2 that may have resulted in the need for your Unit 3 choices.

Example: “There were no podcasts/video podcasts about tech made just for cats for my intended audience. There were tons of short Youtube video reviews, but they were too short and didn’t feel as if they explored the products as deeply as a 30-60 min podcast could”.

Ultimately, by the end of this section, we should recognize the originality of your proposed work and understand the need for it to be created.

Scope

This highlights how you will keep your project focused and achievable.

For example, you might explain that you are limiting your work to a location such as “in the United States”, to a group such as “Millennials and Gen X” or to a time period such as “from 2020-2023”.

You should also explain what is out of scope, for example “ Baby Boomers”.

Outcomes

This section should include the expected effects and benefits of your Unit 3 assignments. It is important that these be specific and realistic.

Example: “Outcomes of this project will include:

• Produce at least one or two 20-30 min video podcast/s
  • The podcast will include video of the entire recording showing the host/s
  • Cut in footage of the Saolife Automatic Cat Laser Toy being used by at least 1 cat
  • Review the product in detail”.

Bibliography

You should list what research you will be bringing over from your Unit 2 assignment to be used for this project. You do not have to use all your sources and/or have to include anything new at this stage, but it may be beneficial to use at least one source from the previous unit so we aren’t starting at square one.

1. Naomi Quizhpi

Title

“Debating Vaccination: Look both sides of the Pro vs. Anti Perspectives ” : a youtube video about the different side of the vaccine discourse”

Aim

My research is designed to reach out to an audience of people who want to understand both sides of the topic of vaccination in order to have a understanding of the differences perspective rather than looking with a bias towards one side

Background

There always seem to being videos that only look at one side of the discussion and play down the other side of the discussion rather than not having a bias mindset on it which is what my You-Tube video intends to do. I use research with both sides while also not having a certain bias for one side.

Scope

I will be limiting your work to a location such as “in the United States”, to a group such as adults and adults with children with a time period such as “from 2019-2023”.

2. Vincent Huang

Casual Valorant explained via a gameplay video

My project is designed to reach an audience of Citytech Freshmen because it can introduce them a new game or get people to come back to the game if they see the state of the game.

The videos on youtube are mainly consist of ranked gameplay, tournament match reviews, and challenge videos ex: using only a certain gun or ranking up with a certain agent, and those videos are edited heavily where the pacing is fast and only shows exciting moments. 

Scope

Unsure

Outcome

Unsure

3. Melissa Creese

Title

“Breeders: a video about people getting dogs from breeders out of state”

Aim

My video is reaching out all activists who are against breeding out of state. Activists will fix what’s wrong and turn things right. 

Background

The legislation banned breeding and veterinarians have to agree to ban breeding. Breeders, on the other hand, don’t have as much care as the animal shelters have. They would abandon and abuse dogs and then, the dogs would become stray or aggressive.

4. chandlerwu

Title

game play on Genshin impact between f2p and paly to win.

Aim

My project is designed to reach an audience of Citytech Freshmen. they play video games on there free time and get them interest in the game.

Background

make a video on you tube on the gameplay, the the story quest, character building from level 1. the boss and dungeon/domain and world boss. show them a little of the wishing.

5. Hussain Alsaeedi

Title

Independent.

Aim

My project is an argument between Independent people who doesn’t want to follow any group in general and political parties in particulate with those who want to follow the flock. The assignment also emphasize similarities, differences, and arguments between these two groups as well as reasons for them to belong there and sources for both sides.

Background

There are eleven pages in my assignment, four for independent argument, four for flock argument, two for what is in common between them, and one for the sources for both sides. I represent reasons for why should you be independent in the first part and reasons for why should you be a follower of the flock in the second part as well as similarity between both sides in the third part and sources in the fourth part.

6. Amina Umaralieva

Title : 

“Overlooking Eye Health: Consequences of Neglecting Primary Eye Care” a YouTube video could feature informative content about the potential consequences of neglecting primary eye care.

Aim : 

My project is designed to reach out to individuals of all ages to effectively raise awareness about the importance of primary eye care, 

which is achievable by : 

• partnering with local community organizations and schools,  to spread awareness about eye care and offer resources for accessing affordable eye exams.
    • educational materials and resources, including information launched through free social media platforms such as YouTube

Background : 

Viewers can access valuable educational resources to learn more about eye care and empower themselves to take better care of their vision through different educational and social media programs. However, there is no mutual source of information that highlights the importance of eye care, its neglect and consequences. 

Scope : 

It’s impossible to mention all aspects of primary eye-care in one video, so video material may be limited in scope, and I will be talking about the importance of eye-care, basic knowledges of different diseases for people who are not familiar enough, and some tips recommended by professionals. 

Outcomes : 

A YouTube video will contain material about : 

• Understanding the importance of primary eye care 
    • Consequences of Neglecting Eye Care
    • Tips of maintaining good eyesight 
    • Summarizing the key points discussed in the video 
  7. Christopher Dominguez

Title

The perspective filtered out by the media

Aim

My project is designed to reach the adult audience. This project will show the perspective of the anti-vaccination community, without being filtered by the media.

Background

There always seem to being videos that only look at one side of the pro and anti vaccination debate. This is because the social media company is filtering out the anti vaccination post. Thus this project will be done on x(twitter) where there is no filter on what post.

8. Hussain Alsaeedi

Title

Why are we here?

Aim

My project is about City Tech freshman, what is in common among them, what connects them, and what are their plans. The topic will also mansion why did they go to the City Tech and what do they have passion in.

Background

I am going to make it three parts, why are they in the City Tech, What is in common between them, and what are they planning to do. There are some parts where we see where are these people skilled in and does it have anything to do with the City Tech. This subject will also focus on backgrounds of these people and is there a common thing between them that makes them who they are.

9. Hussain Alsaeedi

Title

Independent.

Aim

My project is going to stand with independent people who don’t want to share in any even such as political events, social life, and does not want to follow the flock. I will provide the proofs that this side is the best side to follow.

Background

I will provide common sense about why should you become an independent person from a standpoint of someone who just wants to live his life without being a part of the flock of someone. I will also provide other types of proves and evidences such as documents that is going to show statistics and strategies of independent people.