Writing My Brain By Christopher Peralta

Introduction

In this project I have been able to take time and reflect on what I really think about during my every day. I was able to realize by taking pictures also writing what I actually think during the day this project seem more like an experiment. This project opened my eyes and forced me to think about me and my future.

Thinking in writing

Tuesday September 23, 2014

• Have to get to class on time
  • Later got to help my mom with the groceries
  • Need to read this book for next English class
  • I’m bored and hungry might play Xbox
  • Just saw an interview of mayweather he makes so much money I need to make money like day one day
  • Am I really writing down my though? Is this like a diary
  • Wish I could play baseball right now
  • Don’t know why professor is making us do this but I guess it’s part of our project
  • I wonder who has more money warren buffet or bill gates
  • It sucks that city tech doesn’t have stock broker as a major
  • Music always calms me down and gets me thinking about life especially when I am listening to meek mills
  • Just seen a rap battle Charlie clips vs. tay roc it was good I think tay roc got that one
  • Wow my mom just bought a lot of food that’s good I am happy now

–          Going to sleep now good night need to wake up early tomorrow early class

Thining Visually

“A Good Day To Think”

“Car Goals For The Future”

“Money On My Mind”

Thinking Rhetorically and Reflectively

College the first step to the real world sounds intimidating but if you have a gist of who you want to be in the future college is more like an obstacle you need to get pass. My name is Christopher Peralta but I rather be called Chris I am Dominican and live in a Dominican house hold. I am a freshman in college and I am 18 year old. I live in Bronx New York not one of the best neighborhoods but also not the worst. My motivation is to get my family out of here and move somewhere a whole lot better. The way I think is somehow unique because not only do I have an idea on who I want to be in life I also know the steps become that person. People might question that the way they think holds them back from moving on in life but my current thinking implements me to focus on the things that will enable my future success.

For an assignment our professor asked us to take pictures of something that represents our major or what we want to be in the future, the first idea I thought of was Wall Street because business is my major what other place is better than Wall Street. I had so many ideas so much famous business men I thought of right away. My mind is focus on what I need to do to become a business men someone like warren buffet or Donald trump. My current thinking implements me to focus on the things that will enable my future success because I have something you call tunnel vision and all I think about is money and making it and that’s why the picture assignment was a good example because I was so quick to think of places, people, and things that relate to business.

One picture that really stood out to me was the picture I took of Wall Street. It’s interesting because when I showed some of my peers they knew right away what my major/future was. At first that surprised me a lot because they knew instantly the message I was trying to portray but then I thought about it and said to myself like no I shouldn’t be surprised the picture was clear in the message I was trying to deliver. That let me to believe that my initial thinking is set out for me to succeed in my future.

My daily thoughts throughout a normal day varies, the reason I say that is because I wrote down some of my thoughts on a Friday and also wrote some of my thoughts on a Tuesday and they were completely different. It’s different because it depends on what you are doing that day and what is your mind focused on that day. For example on the Friday thoughts one of them was “should I get a haircut for tonight” and clearly my mind was set on that party I was going to later that night. On the Tuesday thoughts I was thinking of my books that I still need to buy and it was obvious that my mind was set on school. It’s strange that you don’t think about the same things everyday but there is some specific things that run past my mind more than once in different days and that constant reminder is what I lead the believe is my motivational factor. That’s why my current thinking implements me to focus on the things that will enable my future success.

My mindset right now in the short term is to go to college have fun and stay focused on the bigger picture. What I mean by that is don’t get too ahead of myself because you only take it one day at time. A quote from my daily thoughts was tomorrow “I have English I need to read this book”. This quote represents how my thinking if focused on the short term goal which is to read a book for my English class so I can be involved with the lesson. This is another example on how my thinking is focused on my future because even though it was a thought for my class the next morning it shows where my priority is which is school and school is a pathway or my future.

Some people may argue that some of my thoughts have nothing to do with my future. For example in one of my thoughts of the day I said “I need to help my mother with the groceries” or with the thought of “playing xbox”. Some of the quotes has nothing to do with my future or maybe it do but doesn’t benefit me but I am human and some random thoughts are going to occur. These thoughts are really more for personally issues or comfort and thoughts like these can hold you back from progressing like me wanting to play xbox instead of studying for a midterm. There also thoughts that you have to think about because they are obligations. Me thinking about helping my mother is more of an obligation than personal comfort. I would not blame society if they feel that I don’t always think about my future because I don’t always think about it.

Society is our worst judgment they always want to label a person or even tell them what they are and aren’t. What society doesn’t know is what goes on in our mind and that’s really important. Its important for the simple fact that they can’t tell you what to think about, they could persuade you to think a certain way but can’t sense what you’re actually thinking. My thinking does enable me to succeed because even though some of my thinking isn’t always about my future most of it is. Also its key to realize that it’s not always what you think it’s what you actually do and the important thing is most of the time the smart thinking I do I actually display it physically. As far as thinking it’s pretty clear that my current thinking implements me to focus on the things that will enable my future success.

Work Cited List

In conclusion, I can’t say that I am perfect because no one is but I always try to maintain my mind in the right mind set which is my future. This project has made me realize that I still need to improve on my focus but for the most part my vision for the future in my eyes is bright. Sometimes you don’t pay attention to what you think but there are thought that make you realize like how is this going to better me and those are the thoughts you need to listen to.

Cperalta [Christopher Peralta] “Re:project 1: Thinking in writing.” Openlab. ENG1101 D346 English

Composition 1, FA 2014, 19 Sept. 2014. Wed. 14 Oct. 2014

Peralta, Christopher “A Good Day To Think” Flickr. 19 Sept. 2014. Tue. 14 Oct. 2014

Peralta, Christopher “Car Goals For The Future” Flickr. 19 Sept. 2014. Tue. 14 Oct. 2014

Peralta, Christoher “Money On My Mind” Flickr. 19 Sept. 2014. Tue. 14 Oct. 2014