blog 10

This week I’ve been busy with senior project and portfolio and was discussing with Lisa how creatives actually hire and what they base it off of. The first thing she talked about was the personal manifesto and having purpose in yourself. She said using words like personal brand make it seem like you’re not human, but having a more personal story and purpose makes you seem different from other applicants. I agreed and decided to edit it and this is what I came up with. 

• What matters most to me in life is making sure you give anything you believe in your all. The idea of giving your all into your relationships, work, and craft will never be negative. I value this for the reason that you become a better person when you try your best. I learn from my mistakes and figure out different approaches for situations because of it. This translates to my work easily because the process is better than the outcome. When it comes to design, figuring out an approach could be the hardest step however, trying your best to reach an audience will always be beneficial. You could try different channels for audience members to engage with and learn things along the way all because we decided to give it our all. 

The next thing I decided to change up was the site about me page and this is what I came up with after we talked. 

• Hey, I’m Elijah! I love making memories and meeting new people. I’ve had an eye for design for ten years now and wanted to make it my career after figuring out I could find new ways to express ideas. I am a creative strategist and I love making videos and using data to figure out the best approach to difficult tasks. I believe having not only a personal answer for campaigns and designs but also an analytical approach improves campaigns. Do not feel discouraged to reach out to me, I love answering all questions! 

So youre probably wondering why I decided to pick the wording for this different from the manifesto. I feel like a manifesto is stronger than an about me and you use it for two different things. A manifesto is used to see what your true values are and about me is just to give a basic description of your skills / introduction. Overall it seemed to be a productive week as we gear towards moving towards the end.