blog 11

Today I was talking about how far we’ve come in working in the marketing department, and was discussing where the internship could lead in future endeavors. I was talking to Daniel about it and it was the first time we had taken an internship in the field that we actually wanted to pursue. It was that bridge between education and real world experience that we were able to get. We both have an agreement that working during the covid crisis was definitely difficult for us. We couldn’t actually have a chance to be in the main office on campus and work on projects using their main systems but it was still helpful. We also gained the professional skills to have that edge over other applicants and what makes me happy is that it was only because of this internship. Who knew that so much information could be learned in three months? Daniel even said every time he blinked it was a new month. We were in august not too long ago. Then it was october and then now november. This semester is really flying by fast. I was going to the weekly board meeting and they once again were talking about their new campaigns for winter. They want to make a campaign where you get 3 college credits in a week. This is beneficial because most winter terms are usually 6 weeks and have similar requirements. This is to be one of cuny’s first accelerated master’s programs as well. I’m under an NDA but im sure im not revealing anything to major since it is on the sites coming soon page. Of course I wouldn’t leak the actual basecamp document for the campaign.  I feel like Brooklyn College is a good school for me to get my masters. I haven’t thought about getting it but ever since I started interning here and actually looking at the information that was handed to me about their programs I found out that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to go for it at this institution. Also I’m pretty sure that they brainwashed me to feel like this haha. NO BUT IT’S OKAY I feel as if this college is better than other schools where you would pay hundreds of thousands for an education.  The other thing they do that other colleges don’t is give you hands on experience during your time there which I like a lot. Other than that the time i’ve had here has just been incredible and this blog might be redundant but I love it.