Community Service

Disney’s VoluntEARS at Give Kids the World Village.

Who they are and What they do.

“Give Kids The World Village is a 79-acre, nonprofit resort in Central Florida that provides weeklong, cost-free vacations to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.

The Village and its community partners provide children and their families accommodations in fully-furnished villas, transportation, tickets to theme parks, meals, daily entertainment and much more.

Each year 27,000 children in the United States are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. Half of all children eligible for a wish through a partnering wish-granting organization choose to visit Central Florida and its collection of theme parks and other attractions.

Our goal, quite simply, is to provide everything these deserving families need to make their trip the vacation of a lifetime. Since 1986, more than 146,000 children and families have had their dreams fulfilled in a whimsical Village unlike any other place on earth.”

gktw

http://www.givekidstheworld.org/

My Volunteer T-shirt.

Give Kids the World Village during the evening.

The riddle at my station during the candy land event.

My complete candy land event uniform.

Link below to the Journal entry expressing my feelings toward the volunteer experience.

Journal #5: Volunteer Experience