Session #3 Reflection Aug 16

Consider the discussions we had today about mindset and self-advocacy. Share a concept you believe is important and explain what the concept means to you as a college student.

32 thoughts on “Session #3 Reflection Aug 16

1. My mindset is to stay focus and prioritize your school work but still go out once in a while to give yourself a break because its ok to give yourself a break as long as you aren’t procrastinating to get your work done so you don’t fall behind.

2. A concept I believe in is self advocacy. When you advocate for yourself you are setting yourself up for success. It’s always good to boost yourself up whether it be because you go to the gym, get ready in the mornings to start off your day feeling great about yourself or just doing a skin care routine. Even the little things you do for yourself can make a huge change in your daily life which I feel is something everyone should do.

3. One of the characteristics that I consider important are the organization and the character of being constant with what you want and fighting for them but also having fun to distract yourself for a while and be able to continue with your responsibilities and focus on that

4. One of the characteristics that I consider important are the organization and the character of being constant with what you want and fighting for them but also having fun to distract yourself for a while and be able to continue with your responsibilities

5. A concept that I believe in is isolation and organization I believe that those are key ways to help with my college as a student. This is important to me because it won’t leave room for me to be unprepared helping me in my school life so I don’t fall behind.

6. College life can be demanding but rewarding. It offers a unique setting for personal and intellectual development, fostering critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and independence

7. Acceptance and understanding, going in knowing what you’re capable of and what areas you need to develop and transfer that throughout each course. Find a pace that your comfortable with to be able to work effectively to feel more confident in the type of work you provide.

1. I like how you mentioned “going in what you’re capable with.” It’s so important to understand your workload capacity. You don’t want to ever burden yourself with something you can’t handle.

8. A concept I believe in is self care. I think as a college student and students in general we struggle a lot balancing out school work, jobs, as well as out social life. In doing so its good to take a break and unwind to be able tp have a higher performance by clearing out mind it helps us achieve our goals and helps us do better overall

9. A concept I believe in is isolation and concentration go hand in hand and can be a key to success, if you are in a isolated space with minimal distractions it allows you to think straight and get your work done with ease and fast pace. Self advocacy goes in hand with mindset too having a hardworking mindset but also rooting for yourself and others encourages others to claim the same mindset.

10. My mindset is to work hard and taking care of myself. Working hard is the step to success and learning the responsibility of it. Taking care of myself is the biggest thing because if we don’t take care of ourselfs then you will not be able to achieve the goal you want.

1. I am such a huge advocate for self-care in all spectrums. From skin care to the gym, we should do anything that boosts our mood and confidence. Don’t be afraid to give yourself the reward you deserve.

My favorite advice is to tell people to rewards themselves after failing an exam when they studied really hard. It’s not the grade but it’s the effort they put it. No need to belittle or punish yourself like that.

11. As introverted as I am, a concept I believe is essential as a college student is trusting yourself to get out of your comfort zone. Many more opportunities, people, and experiences will make its way to you

1. The quicker you get out of your comfort zone, the better for you. I used to hate public speaking, but now speaking in-front of a class doesn’t impact my overall abilities. Don’t be afraid, just do it!

12. Being a person that doesn’t really speak up a lot . I personally think being around people that encourage you to advocate for not only others but yourself is very important. I realize that as you get older you do need to pay attention to yourself and sometimes being selfish is okay. especially when going into college. this is essentially your future and only you can control it.

1. Selfish isn’t always the best except for in the case of where you need to advocate for your needs. Especially in college, never settle for the answer “no,” if you’re sure, some reforms can be done.

13. Constantly being in different clubs and groups where leadership skills were needed, it felt awkward and uncomfortable in the beginning as I struggled a lot with social anxiety. However after realizing that we all are awkward and shy and being the first one to approach someone isn’t all that hard, it allowed me to just be free and talk to people without thinking too much. That allowed me to talk freely and have my opinions heard as I was able to not feel anxious to speak up and participate in the activity.

1. I think that realization was so important for you. Social anxiety can suppress are abilities as a person. That’s great, you’re able to express and share your opinions.

14. As a high school senior my English teacher heavily made me believe in self advocacy. I was taught to be the change you want to see and if I find that someone is wrong in the systems that I have to take part in I will make my voice heard and demand change