Teaching Responsibilities

CLASSES I HAVE TAUGHT

Perspectives in Hospitality Management

Culinary I & Culinary II

Introduction to Food and Beverage Management (Course Leader)

Culinary Tourism (Course Leader) 

International Cuisine  (Course Leader)

Contemporary Cuisine

Sanitation and Food Safety

Culinary Improvisation (Course Leader)

Professional Alliances

Hospitality Management Internship 

Hospitality Management Research Seminar 

Here are my Introduction to Food and Beverage Management students on a fieldtrip where we did a treasure hunt for exotic ingredients at Brookfield Place Mall.

Next is a photo that my Culinary Improvisation class sent me when I was in the hospital for a surprise surgery. They prepared their plates and texted me descriptions of what they had made and sent me this get well note.

This photo is my class visiting the Museum of Modern Art where we discussed plate design and perspective.

This photo is significant because it features Chef Cindy Chico, who was my student at City Tech beginning in 2012. At the time we had children the same age, and talked about sending our little ones to kindergarten. Cindy had her baby at age 16, and despite being a busy young mother who worked full -time and went to school,  she never missed an assignment and was a dynamic and committed student. She has had a terrific career,  and in 2022 I was thrilled to meet her daughter, Katerina, who now attends our HMGT program. In spring 2023 Cindy did a demo for our Anna Nurse Workshop program, with Katerina acting as her sous chef. It was special “come full circle” day.