After observing and listening to the words spoken by Jamila Lyiscott’s , I ,  not only liked her delivery but loved every word , because it resonates with me so well. I was born in Jamaica, so it’s a struggle trying to be “articulate” 24/7 , because I mispronounce words or I can’t say certain words in English without sounding funny. “one for each : home, school and friends.. I’m a tri-lingual  orator..” . This quote resonates with me because I have never been able to put into words the struggle of my  “Englishes” , Lyiscotts worded my frustration perfectly , as an immigrant. I have lived in America for seven years and I still try to improve my English and expand my vocabulary , so that no one thinks I can’t speak ” properly” .. or that I am not articulate because I sometimes break down my English and mispronounce words in the midst of a conversation. It is a  constant transitioning  and adapting to your surroundings  thats Is a challenge . Around my friends , I speak how my friends speak . When I am around my  family , I speak our native language and at school its American English.  What does articulate truly mean ? , why is it that when we hear people speak certain word differently , we assume they are not educated ? Why does someone have to talk a certain way , to prove they are worthy of the same job as someone who’s “articulate” . I speak  ghetto , English and patois  , am I articulate ?  because I say “wah gwan” instead of “hello” means I am illiterate.  I loved how Lyiscott’s delivered her performance. Her words speak love , her words flow like a calm river but filled with power . Lyiscotts’s  speaks for the bilingual , the trilingual , she speaks for the immigrants , she speaks for me , because after all we are articulate.