A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Research starts with a thesis statement from bad ideas about writing

When I was a kid I wanted to be a pilot. For me, it was kinda interesting at that time. If I become a pilot could fly. The pilot can fly I used to think like that. So, I wanted to fly too. I was so curious about the pilot. Becoming a pilot is a great choice for the future. Pilots can go lots of places while they are working. I used to ask people about it that how can you get there if you want to be a pilot? what should be my major? I wanted to travel to different countries and places. I wanted to know about different peopleā€™s culture.Ā  But I feel like I lost my interest in it now. When I started going to school, I started to focus on different things like study. So, I went to the school in Bangladesh(where I grew up). I feel like in my country, our system is not that good. Our government just force students to pass the examinations. There is no free time to think about the studentā€™s hobbies. I lived in Bangladesh I know how much pressure they put on students since they are a kid. I feel like students donā€™t have enough to think about what they like or not. Students just study to pass the examinations. They are destroying their dreams. I started having pressure on the study. So, I started losing interest in these things. Over time, I released that I feel scared of heights a lot. So, I feel like the pilot is not good for me. I think Iā€™m getting to change a lot. So, I feel like the pilot is not my type anymore. Iā€™m going on different ways in life. I think other things are more interesting now. I still love the sky but afraid of height, also IĀ  feel like I donā€™t have the patience to sit somewhere for hours. Now I like technology a lot, coding, designing, art. I found peace in those things that are I like now.

1. Darien Vazquez

This is a great blog, very well explained and I think you should at least give the pilot dream another try. It seems like the younger you that was interested is still in you you just have to believe. furthermore, I would recommend if you haven’t thought about it to make your topic about the educational system in Bangladesh, this a great way to open up on this especially if you lived through it, hope you give it a thought. Good luck!

2. Ivanna Hodziur

I am very sorry to hear that your country’s government puts unnecessary pressure on kids and students. It is unfortunate when the government does not invest in the state system of education. Even though we fell pressure, we should not give up our dreams. I think if our goals are true, we must follow them despite obstacles.