I must say that I personally think that this man is a very brave and critical intellectual. He has analyzed and thoroughly examined the social norms and human psychology regarding the different expediencies of different administrations and how they concern different groups of people. The author, being a victim of racism himself, analyzes the views regardingĀ  racism and the mentality that people possess regarding racial issues critically. He reached a conclusion, a conclusion which states that one is not governed by and should not be governed by the numerous expectations and morals of a particular community. “the world is larger” he states. He makes this statement to emphasize on the point that one is not bound by the limitations of geographical, social and political boundary as the world is a much larger place. He emphasizes on the importance of the critical examination of ones racial and social situation. One should not be held back by any pre-concieved moral or idea of what an individual is meant to be. One should be able to fully explore and embrace ones talents, personality and destiny without obstruction caused due to race, ethnicity or socio-political algorithm and expediency.
I regret that I had not been introduced to “reality” as a child. Now when I say reality, I mean the reality of mortality and the reality of impermanence. If I was taught that all things are impermanent and that impermanence would be the reason for dedication of oneā€™s life to the better good of mankind, I would have had a bigger dream and I would have started to work on that dream from an early age. I would have paid more attention in my classes and I would also have shown great effort and diligence in practicing and cultivation of knowledge and wisdom and principally, compassion.Ā  The main argument of the author is that we should not be under the influence of any prejudice and we should, for ourselves, experience the situation and we should draw our own conclusions and opinions as to what one must do or how one must react to certain situations. We must critically analyze the socio-political algorithm and the definition of ‘moral ‘ in that particular administration or society. One must then confirm the validity of the information one has collected, intellectually and compassionately, thereby concluding the mental process of examination and beginning the physical process of implementing change if necessary.