I am an eleven year old immigrant student anxiously trying to find my classroom. Finally, I saw the black sign reading 405 on top of the wooden door. I walked in to class and the room was illuminated by the blinding sun. There were posters, books and children speaking in English which I could barely understand. I try to find any seat that I could be isolated from everyone even though all the desks seem to be crammed together. Then, the teacher started to speak to the class, her voice was soft and charming. But, I felt as she was saying some type of tongue twister. But, with the little English I knew I was trying to put her words together to figure what she was saying. She told everyone to introduce themselves. When it was my turn I started turning red and felt hot in the inside. Shaking I responded, “Hello, My name is Adriana”. I felt that with my accent no one was able to understand me. Later on, everyone was told to go to the mini library that was on the back of the classroom and choose a book that were on the boxes in the shelves. In that moment I felt confused and just chose a book that was on the box that had the letter A written on it.  I did not know what the different letters meant at that time until later on.  The book had more pictures than words. But some words were very difficult to comprehend. However, writing those unknown words on my notebook and finding the definition on my own just helped me enhance my vocabulary and become a better English Learner.