A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Time Capsule

Dear Future me,

I want you to know that no matter where you are in life youre doing great. Don’t let anything or anyone tell you otherwise. a couple of things I hope you have completed is that you finished the year with a 3.5+ GPA, You’ve relearned physics/ psychology on your own time, and you’ve made friends with new faces and continued to be there for them and everyone around you. you’ll probably face some challenges with your feelings and tests not just from school but from life as well, every obstacle is just a stepping stone to achieve more n better. Remember What will determine your success in the future isn’t money, its maturity, because if your mature you can go thru hell with your life. Living with nothing but crackers and cheese. But your maturity can help you look past it and make the best of it and makes you appreciate life. Now you can be immature and swim in nothing but money and riches but that doesn’t mean your successful n tbh Success doesn’t even come from education. Maturity isn’t Age, it takes time to become mature, but time doesn’t make you mature. Maturity isnt appearance, yes mature people look mature but not all people who look mature are mature. They get a beard and claim to be mature but will let one little phrase or word effect them and that’s it from there , they’re an emotional roller coaster living on debt, paycheck to paycheck crying everyday not realizing the truth. It’s not achievement either. You can achieve a lot and own houses, learn techniques and different things and achieve awards but not all achievers are mature. and lastly it isn’t even about education anymore. You can go to college n get a degree but still be immature. maturity is when youre able to take responsibility for your life. To master your emotions and be able to withstand the hardships life throws at you. To Put up with anything and everything in order for your life to blossom and grow. ur  still growing and have yet to blossom. your going to be mature one day. I have dreams of celebrations in the end zone, see you there.

Hamood A

August 31, 2020.

1. Germaine Amoussou

Me too I wished to have those kind of GPA.

2. Mohamed Zindani

I liked how you said, “maturity isn’t age.” I agree with you, I think maturity comes from experiences and the way we perceive events going on around us.

3. mariam traore

Preach ” Don’t let anything or anyone tell you otherwise.” even if it’s family as long as you know you got this no one can steer you away from your truth.