A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

KWL

Topic-How do video games affect a persons mental and physical health and is it a positive or negative affect.

Know- For too long I have heard that video games make people violent. Every time I hear this topic everyone opinion varies so I never know what to believe. I know that certain games can change the way people think and it can be a distraction. In some cases people don’t get the physical exercise that they need because of games. That’s about all i know on the topic.

Want to know-I would like to know how video games affect  your brain.Does it also affect you physical health?I wonder if how often you play affect you or does it depend on the person? Does they type of game determine how you are affected? If video games don’t make you violent then what does? If they do then what can we do to change that and make them safe to play.If we completely got rid of video games how would it affect our world?

Learned-Through a little nit of research i discovered that certain types of games can increase physical activity and can improve cognitive functions. They can also increase or decrease the amount of gray matter in a persons brain. In addition, some games were said to ease anxiety and depression.

Still want to know-Even with what i know now i would still like to know how the world would be without video games? Would it be a positive affect or negative one? Can the same game affect different people in different ways or is it the same for everyone.

1. Lisa Cole

Omari, have you ever heard of Nintendo Wrist? If you’re really going to do this based on how it affects people physically, there are a number of medical conditions that doctors have identified as being caused by too much gaming. Since you pointed this out in your question, I should see both physical and mental abilities or disabilities created by virtue of gaming. Your research question is good and your response to this assignment is good.