In the article “A talk to Teachers” by James Baldwin, James addresses the big influence we place on our kids in society. This influence is very important because it will make up the society we live in.  James brings a great point because when you’re a kid you are still learning and if we don’t contribute anything positive to teach our kids then they won’t grow up to be their best selves. However based on what you teach kids you can limit them. I believe when James says “the world is larger” he is talking about how the children are being limited to not make the same mistakes as people in the past and to help fix society and make children believe they are required to take action and develop a change to help benefit the world. This is great and all but that shouldn’t be the overall focus that teachers focus on teaching growing children. I believe that I have the obligation to learn about taxes,  investments, mortgage etc. Nowadays we all have to pay taxes and not every school offers to teach on how to do so. Also learning about investments, stocks, etc will all be very useful to be taught. This allows us to have passive income which can help contribute to paying student loans or a car. Mortgage is another crucial thing to be taught because eventually after working for so long you’d want to buy a house for you and your family which can be passed down generation after generation. Another thing we should be taught is how to maintain good mental and physical health. I know in schools there’s physical education and guidance counselors but that’s not enough. A class that teaches us how to handle situations and how important our mental health is would be very beneficial considering 1 in 5 teens suffer from mental health issues. This can ultimately make every person attending that class better people, ones who don’t suffer in silence and suffer alone.