As the sun shined brightly through the window, a group of classmates and I sat together in a room with our chairs forming the shape of a circle, each of us facing one another in close proximity. The peer leader of our group pulled out a piece of paper and started reading off questions relating to our education and asked how we felt being in our current place in life. I grimaced and noticed the eye rolls and sighs that went around the room as education has always been a sensitive topic. One classmate decided to speak first, “I like to learn.” Right at that moment, a few people who had their head down looked up at my classmate with a look of confusion questioning her words since it was so unexpected. She proceeded to say that although she does not take school seriously, she realizes the importance of education, but sitting around and confining to standards was not for her. She was just another example of how the American education system failed her, and that was something everyone in the room related to. More classmates began to speak about how they did not want to be defined by a number, judged by whether they pass or fail a certain class. No one in the group liked being labelled as the troublesome kid, and one too many classmates mentioned that an adult figure in their life has told them that they would never achieve anything in life. It is times like this where we all sit together and become reminded that everyone has their own difficulties in life, and those difficulties may prevent one from continuing on with their education properly. Failing a class does not make one unintelligent. There are always other circumstances that should be looked at. But for many, the burden of being just a number is far too great and ends up deteriorating one’s mind. The education system is not perfect and does not cater to everyone. Everyone has different learning styles, while I could be a visual learner, my classmate might be an auditory learner or kinesthetic learner, so the way we both comprehend information would be drastically different. And although I already knew all this, speaking about it out loud and hearing my classmates’ thoughts and experiences reminded me that education is for everyone. Everyone becomes curious and strives to gain knowledge in some way but being judged for your capabilities to sit through five days a week, eight or more hours each day in a room where you might not even learn properly is problematic.