As an 18 year old I never enjoyed writing or reading, its never been something I enjoyed and it isn’t something I ever thought id see myself pursuing. I failed to realize that reading and writing is literally the pinnacle of life. You need to know how to read and write to get places, to learn and teach. When Mike Bunn says “You are already an author,” I think he means that we’re all a book and our life is getting written as we speak, and do actions. everyone is their own author and has a book, their book of life. I use words to describe my feelings, to tell people about how much they mean to me, and to spread positivity to everyone around me. Then we all use words day to day in school as well, to write essays and our own stories. We’re all authors because there really is no right definition of an author. An author can be 10 years old or 60 years old, tall or short, smart or average. We think that being an author means selling a book for $X and X number of copies. Those numbers don’t mean anything. After reading Bunns article I want to start creating questions about what I’m reading, and to remember that I am reading to learn about writing and if an author has some creative word play or techniques I can use that and try and implement it into my own writing. I also liked how he was talking about writing different things down as you read and try to decode the authors mind in a sense. Also Bunn says “carefully consider the choices the author made and the techniques that he or she used, and then decide whether you want to make those same choices or use those same techniques in your own writing.” This is crucial because as a writer some techniques may not be able to work well with your writing so it would not be helpful for you to use those writing techniques in your masterpieces