Robert Christo | D069 | Fall 2022

Discussion: Introductions

Please add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before next class, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Erik

Hello,
    My name is Erik, it is my second year at City Tech as an Architecture major. I am from Queens and I work as a lifeguard and deliver vehicles from a dealership to customers on my free time. I chose Architecture as my major because you can use your creativity. You won’t be working on the same project your whole career and you will get to witness/design many different types of buildings/structures.

2. Valery Romero

Hi, my name is Valery Romero and my pronouns are she/her. I was born and raised in the United States but ethnically I am Mexican. This is my second year of college and I am majoring in architecture, the reason why I choose architecture is because I want to do something for the rest of my life that I really enjoy doing which is drawing/sketching and doing math. I also like watching the buildings and their designs and it makes me want to do a great building one day and a great house for my family and my own.

3. Mohammad Sami

Hi everyone, my name is Mohammad Sami (he/him/his). I live in Bronx with my family. My major is architectural technology, and this is my second year in the college. There is no exact reason why I chose architecture, but the fact is after graduating high school I got the opportunity to visit different places in USA especially in the downtown of New York, Georgia and Washington DC. I kind of fall in love with the buildings especially apartments, townhouse, bungalow and singe or multifamily houses, I love the structures that improves building efficiency and durability. That’s why I chose this major, and I hope I’ll not change it in the middle of my college journey. Well, during my spare time, I go for fishing or sometimes drive UBER depend on my schedule.

4. Ezana Huda

HI.. My name is Ezana.

5. Luis M

Hello,My name is Luis Medrano and my pronouns are he/his.I born in the US but my ethnicity is half el Salvador and Panama.I chose architecture because I was recommended that by parents and teachers and soon saw how nice architecture is like the drawing,designs,sections are so interesting to me.

6. Mike Sanango

Hi, my name is Mike Sanango, I am 19 years old and Ecuadorian. This is my second year at the New York City College of Technology. I decided to pursue Architecture as my major because, in my second year of High school an Architecture course was offered, so I took the opportunity to experiment and have been interested ever since.

• Girabell Bergollo

Hi Mike! I’m Ecuadorian as well !

7. Arely Delgado

Hi, i’m Arely my pronouns are she/her. I am 19 years old, I live in Brooklyn , NY. Growing up, I have been fascinated by the built environment. No, I never built legos and got my interest from there. I remember my dad and uncle always remodeling our apartments to make them bigger and better. I now paint our apartments and build our IKEA furniture. It’s nothing compared to building and designing, but in a way, I’m still putting things together.

8. Sebastian G

Hey, im Sebastian he/him, i live queens, grew up in NYC my whole life. I’m in my second year, third semester. I chose architecture as my major because i like to draw and working with materials.

9. Girabell Bergollo

Hi my name is Girabell Bergollo she/her. I was born in Puerto Rico, grew up in NYC. This is my first year here at City Tech. I chose architecture as my major because its been an interest I always had and I love the influence it has on peoples’ daily life.

10. Michael Morales

Hello, my name is Michael Morales. I am 19 years old have been studying architecture for the last 2 years but have always had a passion for it starting from a young age. I had always loved the thought of making something from scratch and or collaborating with others to make soemthing grand. I’ve lived in NYC all my life, I’ve watched the evolution of construction throughout my niehgborhoods and hope to have a positive impact In this field one day. I’m exicted to get hands on with sketching drafting implimenting It into my future drawings.

11. Jose Vargas

Hello everyone, my name is Jose Vargas. I was born in the Bronx. I come from a hispanic background and am a Mix of Mexican and Ecuadorian. I grew the love of Architecture when I started to draw more frequently, mostly 3D drawings of buildings and detailing them with bricks or other types of materials in my drawings. That’s when I knew that I could possibly draw mechanical floor plans for construction sites since that is what my father had to see in order to properly set the ductwork lines. I decided to study this major to learn the art of Architecture and possibly expand my family business by also provided architectural services. I also want to accomplish the goal of building a house for my parents and build my own house as well with my liking.

12. ChyaiseDaCostaA

My name is Chyaise DaCosta-Allen, I’m 18 years old and from Queens NY. I’m the youngest of 10, coming from two immigrant parents from the island of Jamaica. This is my second year here at city tech. I chose architecture as my major kinda by accident. When I was in highschool I was in a program to get my license for cosmetology, but as we all know covid happened and I struggled to keep up with the work load from home. I had multiple meetings with my advisors and one of them suggested a navy architect and I considered it. I ended up not going to the Navy simply out of personal preferance i’m not built for military time and restrictions. But having Architecture as my major was very interesting to me, when I was younger I would draw buildings around me and make them in simultors like the sims. I would play these games all day with most of my time being used to design homes for the people I created.