Professor Christo | OL90 | Fall, 2020

Discussion: Introductions

Please add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before next class, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Nancy Coyotl

Hello my name is Nancy Coyotl I am 20 years old and this is my first year of college. I am very excited to learn about architecture since I don’t have lot’s of knowledge about it. Besides that I am photoshop certified and I have a passion for drawing with the medium micron pen. On my free time I like to go play soccer and I actually play in a team.

2. Eduardo Atiencie

Hello, my name is Eduardo Atiencie. It is a pleasure to meet my new classmates and Professor Christo. My major is to become a licensed Architect by obtaining a Bachelor’s degree once I finish college. After that, would be taking the ARE (Architect Registration Examination). I am from Queens, New York I went to Academy Of Finance & Enterprise for high school. One word to describe my feeling for this class is ambition. The word for me itself has always been around my mindset to learn and be someone with many traits. I’ve learned to dance, garden, cook, do electrician circuits, and even be someone who knows how to paint with more than one color. Even applying tiles to floors or even walls. My thoughts about online learning are it’s alright in my point of view. I am an adaptable person in any type of circumstance no matter the work given. I am resilient in that case. However, everyone is different from being a visual learner, auditory learner, read/write learner, and lastly kinesthetic learner.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c2CPuoR-MavoDX6dvsBdAUJIkePkceu40uyRR5AV7iU/edit?usp=sharing

The image above is a mother carrying a baby as you can see. In my point of view there is a lot of significance throughout our lives we get to learn the affection of the mother is like no other. Yes, you might have friends who love you and even a boyfriend/girlfriend. However, even sometimes those relationships you might be connected are temporally for most cases. All I can say is I am thankful to my mother! She is the one who bought me building blocks when I was 3 years old. Ever since then I remember building with the blocks a building or some type of structure. To one day, just drawing a modern house, now that I am an adult with an elegance. I’ve become a person with wisdom who loves to share the knowledge one captivated over the years. Moral of the story love your mom as she does to you unconditionally. Respect your mother because what goes around comes around. Best of all be grateful if you have a mother because even in this world there are many who might not have the chance like others and myself might have.

I know it’s a modern house but to me, it’s more than that. After, pretty much just growing Architecture has become a part of my life not just because I live in New York. However, it’s like a flower growing from a vase of nutritious soil. I’ve learned to draw better and even perfect my skills to the next level. I have read books about the history of who contributed what and the people behind the most beautiful structures in this world. Examples Hagia Sophia(In Turkey), The Guggenheim( New York), Acropolis of Athens(Greece), and many more structures. I am in satisfaction after doing interns with licensed Architects. I had a big opportunity I seized when I was part of building an eye capturing building for the extension of my elementary school. It meant a lot because it brought memories when I was a little kid.

Overall, I hope to get to know all of you like I’ve met other people from my previous classes.

Social Media: Snap eddy12809 & Instagram: ikki3312

3. Jacqueline Aguilar

Hello, my name is Jacqueline Aguilar, I grew up in Mexico and I used to constantly see how small houses were built from nothing to beautiful homes for families. It became interesting for me to see the process it takes and it push me to want to understand the architectural technology details in an advanced way.
    However, I started college majoring in business administration, I graduated from a community college and now I am excited to start architectural technology at City Tech. I did business administration first because I was undecided between business and architecture during my senior year in high school, so I ended up doing business first. Architecture came back to my mind when I studied abroad at my community college. Being in a different country and observing the structure of beautiful buildings opened my eyes to go with what I had in mind since I was little.
    I have no background in architecture or technology, but I want to learn as much as possible to start applying my knowledge in real world projects.