Prof. Joe Brogdon | Fall 2023

Sentence Starters for Education Narratives

When I was __ years old, ___________________

__________________________________.

I will never forget the time when _________ ___________________________________________________.

One moment in my life that had a big impact on me happened when _________________________________________________________________.

Before this occurred, I thought ___________, but after I understood ______________.

My relationship to education was never the same after __________________________________.

One big thing that this moment showed me was that ____________________________.

My whole life I have heard people say that _________________________.

One thing that my experiences at school showed me was that _____________________. 

In my life today, _______________________.

1. Durantaitken

When I was young I will never forget the experience. One moment in my life that had a big impact on me happened when My mom tells me this story about my grandma every time she gets talking about how she worked so hard when they moved to New York she worked endless jobs two or three  A Week trying to provide for my mom and my three aunts.Before this occurred I wasn’t taking school seriously My whole life I have heard people say that you don’t need education to be successful so i really didn’t care for education till This event left me to change my perspective of education and start to take it series. I grew up in a hard working household my parents work hard to provide for us.  so it makes me have to work even harder for myself and my parents My parents are immigrants so they have little education.My father drives from Long Island to Brooklyn every day while working construction jobs, putting in long hours and labor to make sure we had a roof over our heads and food on the table, my mother worked many shifts at the airport to make ends meet. So it gives me the motivation to take my education seriously because it takes you a long way. Nobody can take your education away from you. My grandma always told me that. For my parents, education was the lifeline they wished they had more of. They constantly reminded me and my brothers of the opportunities we have and the importance of seizing it. I grew up in an industrious family. My grandma struggled  to support our mom  after immigrating to America in quest of a better life. This consistent commitment to effort and sacrifice had a significant influence on my viewpoint and motivated me to treat school seriously. 

2. Durantaitken