College

I never thought I’d be able to say I’m going back to school. Graduating from high school was a struggle. I was absent more than present my senior year. When I took the entry exams I thought I was setting myself up for failure.  Failing the CATW, Math test and barley passing the reading I thought I was doomed. Worried I wouldn’t be able to pass my classes or have time for my class/home work. How will I be able to go to school and be able to take care of my wife and kids? When will I have time for them? Where would I get the money for tuition? All these brought great concern to my start in college.

One semester in and I’m ecstatic about the progress I’ve made. Passing all my classes with grades I didn’t know I was able to get. Also doing it without missing class is something I didn’t dream of doing or saying. Being a perfectionist that I am, I expect to stay on the deans list, be at the top in all my classes and graduate in honors. I am very excited about this journey. Learning new things, meeting new people, and livid about conquering a challenge that I would’ve never seen myself doing. Can’t wait for August 17, to pass the CATW. English 1101 here I come!!!