Jacquelyn Blain

Ethan Pruzhansky-Feature Proposal

I am very interested in the technology field. The technology field is very big and one thing that stands out to me the most is our security. Cybersecurity is one of the biggest topics out right now. We rely heavily on our computers and smartphones to complete the majority of daily duties. Consider going without a laptop or a phone for a day. How would you gather information or execute any daily chores required that day? We would be unable to do so because we are so reliant on our smartphones and laptops. Our gadgets save all of our important data. Among other things, we have our credit card information for online transactions, our social media profiles, our email addresses, and personal text messages. My questions is really how secured our we? What is cybersecurity? What can we do to protect ourselves? My target audience would be everyone. everyone is using technology today. Everyone is affected by this some way or somehow. I want to get into a deep dive with my research of cyberseand really understand what it is.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

This is a really good and very timely topic. The problem is that “everybody” isn’t really an audience — there’s no such thing! Pick a segment of people you think would most benefit from your knowledge, and then write for them. Teens maybe, or working people who use tech all day and don’t think about it, or people who shop or do a lot of money transactions online, or just whatever! We’ll brainstorm more in class, but having a specific target audience will help you write this feature a lot more easily. Think of a problem some group has in terms of tech and cybersecurity, and then go from there. Again, really good topic!