Jacquelyn Blain

Darcy’s new language -Klass

We are all a part of different communities, I particularly am a part of the teaching community. The word I would use is “Paraprofessional” this word made a part of my world differently. This made me learn a new language in teaching others the things I learned in school. My overall language would communicate to students the different parts of graphic design and how it is to design. I used to hear other teachers talk about hierarchy, balance, rhythm, kerning, tracking, leading, etc. I didn’t understand these particular words, but I studied them and took those words, and memorized them so that I can benefit from them in my own work. After a year of studying, I understood what most graphic designers would consider a new “language” a new way of saying your artwork either sucked or looked good. I felt right and I felt like I knew what I was doing for once in my life, to look back at the way I grew as a designer and now being a teacher helping others learn the same way I did. I talked the way teachers did and I’m not going to lie…I felt pretty smart, but there were times when I was overwhelmed with the number of terms I needed to know to design something for somebody. Over time as a paraprofessional I was amazed by the number of things you can do on a computer and the number of terms you’d never expect, but honestly, I wouldn’t change those things for the world because those things made me who I am today.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

This should be great. Good choice.