Professor Joshua Belknap | Co Req ML | Spring 2024

5/1/24: Homework

HOMEWORK: Read “Navigating Genres” by Kerry Dirk on Perusall, annotate and leave at least three (3) comments, and respond to at least three (3) of your classmates’ or my comments, and answer the discussion questions at the end of the essay (I will post these on the class OpenLab). 

1. Caleb Aryeetey

1.Some genres that i know well are country music, pop, gospel and some reggae

I learnt them by reading about them and also listening to some music and lyrics in that 

category of genres of music. And their common rhetorical features are the message they are conveying to the audience and how you want to convince them to believe your message which should include the rhetorical triangle.Also and why that type of genre

2.You should be able to determine what activity you are trying to achieve, which can be the goal for the reason of what you want to say and why. You must also have a thesis statement and you cannot use “I” in the writing. You cannot also begin a sentence combining a conjunction and also every paragraph should start with a topic sentence. It shaped my writing by also making me know how to use the rhetorical triangle and also improving on when and where to use “I” and also not beginning a sentence with a conjunction. 

3.I love it when I am writing but trust me it does get tiring sometimes, that is why I like to draft my ideas so it helps me get through with what i want to write and also it is a form of exercise to make you get in touch with writing skills and helps with brain muscle memory. I feel it has a form to follow because everything has to make sense. You cannot write without an introduction and also without leaving paragraphs and thesis.