Walk to BHS

On Monday we had a walk to the Brooklyn Historical Society. It was fascinating because it was my first time walking around in Brooklyn. As we walked we came to a post office which was back in time a Brooklyn Theater which burned down killing about 300 people. I never knew about it and it was sad knowing that people couldn’t make it out and burned. We also came to the Columbus Park and saw a statue of Henry Ward Beecher who was an abolitionists for the end of slavery. There was another statue of him at the Plymouth Church which was a few blocks away. We then came up to Brooklyn Heights from where we got a beautiful view of Manhattan and The Brooklyn Bridge. I also saw The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Our last stop was the Brooklyn Historical Society. It was made up of a red brick which is called terracotta. Along with that the building had five faces sculpted in it. As we went in we saw another face sculpture of Pinky who was a slave set free by Henry Ward Beecher. The stairs were made of wood and were kinda creepy. The library had everything made of wood like tables, chairs, pillars etc.