Prof Ashley Valera | D010 | Fall 2023

Discussion: Introductions

Add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interest, why you choose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and what you do in your spare time, or anything else you want to share. Example:

My name is Ashley and my pronouns are she/her. I currently live in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. I was a illustration major when I went to City Tech. I’ve just read “If You Could See the Sun” by Ann Liang and currently watching season 2 of “The Bear”. I like to crochet and play Dungeons and Dragons in my spare time!

Before next class, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Hally

Hi, My name is Hally. I’m from Jamaica, Queens. I’ve always had a passion in art and went to high school for digtal art. I’ve recently got into computer science which is why I wanted to go into the UI/UX design field and that’s why I picked this major. I really enjoy listening to music, i love watching true crime and anything that looks interesting while drawing, going to concerts, skating and playing video games on my PC.

2. riiiichord

Hi hi! I’m Richard coming from the Bronx and my pronouns are He/Him. I’ve been doing art since middle school and majored in Illustration in high school, but I took a tad bit of a break last year to focus on my studies. I’m glad to come back to arting and repolish my rustiness! I’m also majoring in Game Concept Art because I love game art and would love to create something of my own one day, so I should definitely get to practicing again. My hobbies are gaming, making art, and sleeping 🙂

3. Amy

Hello! My name is Amy Wu, and I’m majoring in Communication Design. This is my first semester in City Tech, I use to major in marketing in Baruch. I like being creative and art since I was a kid, but I thought taking business would find me a good job in the future. I soon realize that pursuing in whatever I like was far more important than the job title. I love making arts and crafts, I could actually spend my whole day sitting in my room building, gluing, sewing things together.

4. Alexandra Panevina

Hello everyone! My name is Alexandra and my pronouns are she/her. I’m from Russia and moved to the US almost two years ago. I love drawing since childhood and want to connect my life with it (although in Russia I studied business management, lol). In my free time I play video games, listen to music, watch anime and true crime videos on youtube. Hobbies: drawing, tattooing and nail art

• riiiichord

HI I JUST SAW YOUR CIRCLESLINES ART AND ITS DELICIOUS! CRUNCHING AND NOMMING ON YOUR ART RIGHT NOW!!!

5. Emily Lenahan

helllooo, my name is emily and my pronouns are she/her. i am a concept artist in CUNY BA because i have always had an inclination for the arts. i like playing video games, making art, listening to music (you should follow me on spotify my username is poopylvr1234) and fair warning if you talk to me about anything Hollow Knight related you wont get me to stop talking.

6. Justice124

My name is Justice. I am from Far Rockaway Queens. I chose this major because I want to learn how to do graphic designs and after I graduate maybe I can pursue a career using this major. Right now I’ve been watching “Snowfall” and I like to chill and listen to music in my free time.

7. Ishvar Harrichand

My name is Ishvar Harrichand. I am from Jamaica, Queens. The reason I joined City Tech is because I inspire to be a Visual Designer. My dream company to work at is SEA, and I am striving to reach that goal as fast as possible. I also love to use electronics.

8. Ty

My name is Ty pretty short. I choose communication as my major, because i want to became a graphic designer. Currently in my free time Im binging Rick and Morty. Veeze is also my favorite artist.

9. Sunny Naseem

Hey! My name is Sunny Naseem or Areeb and my pronouns are he/him. I’m from Queens, Elmhurst. I joined City Tech under Liberal Arts, switched to Computer Information Systems and am now in Communication Design. I’m staying with this major as it resonates with my interests and goals as a artist. Other than that, I enjoy photography, hiking and immersive sim video games my favorites being Prey, Bioshock and Deathloop

10. Ishvar Harrichand

11. juan gutierrez

Hi everyone, my name is Juan Gutierrez. I am originally from Colombia but have been living in New York for 6 years. I graduated in 2020 but had to take a break due to personal issues. However, I have resolved them now and I am ready to continue moving forward. I picked a communication design associate because I consider myself to be a creative person and I also like to make drawings; Always I have free time even on my days off I design anything in my sketchbook, and that’s why I think this is the right career for me.

12. Naglaa

​​Hello! My name is Naglaa, and my pronouns are she and her. I live in Brooklyn, and this is my first semester at City Tech. I chose my major because of my love for art and design. In my free time, I enjoy reading webtoons. I love their stories and art styles. I also watch a lot of true crime videos on YouTube. One of my favorites is Rotten Mango.

13. Aylexa Almanzar

Hi! My name is Aylexa and my pronouns are she/her. I’m from Dominican Republic but I moved to Brooklyn a year ago. Ever since I was little I’ve been interested in drawing, lettering and arts. I really enjoy doing my makeup, watch true crime videos on YouTube, play games and kpop (my favorite group is Twice!)

• Hally

Me too!! Did you see twice in Metlife last year?

• Aylexa Almanzar

Yesss, best night of my life :’) did you go too?

14. Raesa

Hello! My name is Raesa (Ray-Sa) and my pronouns are she/her. I’m from Queens, Astoria. I joined City Tech to pursue dental, but I’m definitely more of an arts and crafts girl, so here I am. I decided to switch to COMD as I want to become a UI/UX designer! Other than that, I enjoy ceramics, painting, and scrap journaling, along with spending several hours on my PC.