As I continue my internship, I’m thrilled to share the latest developments in my journey. In my previous discussions, I’ve been discussing my excitement related to the software tools, like the development tool for testing environments and a bug tracking system, that I’m gearing up to explore and integrate into my internship tasks. Crafting a well-thought-out proposal to demonstrate how I can utilize these tools and my UX/UI skills to contribute significantly to OpenLab has been my focus lately. To ensure that I’m well-prepared, I’ve been researching, by watching tutorials and jotting down extensive notes, all in the pursuit of honing my expertise and delivering a clear idea of my potential contributions.

But there’s another layer to my internship journey that’s been equally exciting and impactful. I’ve started keeping track of what I affectionately term “AHA moments.” These are the enlightening flashes of insight and understanding that arise during my work and interactions at OpenLab. I see these moments a great way to share with fellow students on the OpenLab platform. The prospect of offering valuable tips and tricks, distilled from my own learning experiences, feels like a meaningful way to give back to the community.

In addition to this, my academic courses on ethics have started to influence my design work. The articles and discussions around ethical considerations have made me more mindful about the choices I make in my design projects. I’m becoming acutely aware of the balance between creative freedom and respecting intellectual property rights, much like the Fairey copyright case I discussed earlier in another journal entry. This heightened awareness is turning into a valuable asset as I step into this new territory in my internship.

In summary, the combination of technical exploration, research, and ethical reflection has made this phase of my internship incredibly enriching. The journey continues, and I can’t wait to see where it leads next.