LAST UPDATED ON 1/24/24
Textbook Account – Direct Payment
ASAP|ACE will send you a direct payment in the amount of $250 for books. Review eligibility requirements below
How to Be Eligible for Direct Payment
- Completed course registration for the Spring 2024 semester
- Complete your FAFSA and TAP applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you have not already done so, please do this as soon as possible.
- Students who do not have a legal immigration status/undocumented, DACA or are not an eligible non-Citizen are exempt from this requirement)
If you are unable to complete your 2023-2024 FAFSA and or TAP application, Please schedule an appointment to meet with our Financial Aid Specialist, Claribel Martinez Sullivan at ASAPFinancialaid@citytech.cuny.edu
How to Receive Direct Payment
- Direct Deposit: If you have set up a CUNY Direct Deposit Account, the disbursement will be released into your account. If you do not have direct deposit but are interested in creating one, please click HEREfor step by step instructions on how to sign up for a CUNY Direct Deposit Account.
- Mailed Check: If you do not have a CUNY Direct Deposit Account or you are not interested in creating one, a check will be mailed to the address you have listed in CUNYfirst. If the address in CUNYfirst is not updated or you would like to confirm its accuracy, please follow the steps in the PDF HERE
When To Expect Direct Payment
If your registration is complete and confirmed by your ASAP|ACE Advisor AND if you have completed your 2023-2024 FAFSA and TAP application, you can expect to receive payment between 2/9/2024 and 3/8/2024
- The longer it takes for your registration to be complete and to complete your FAFSA and TAP Application, the longer it will take for you to receive this payment
City Tech Bookstore Important Information
The City Tech Bookstore is still here to support your textbook and supply needs. Click HERE to visit the New York City College of Technology Bookstore. Textbooks are available in various formats–new, used, digital, rental. Enter your course information to find the titles your professor requested or utilize the search feature if course information is missing. The store also carries other items which could enhance your learning experience—reference books, school supplies, software and work from home essentials such as printer ink and headphones are available at the bookstore which is an Apple authorized campus store. Payment can be made using major credit cards, debit cards and Apple Pay. Textbooks are refundable within the first week of classes or within 2 days of purchase through midterms . Orders can be shipped to your location or you may pick up curbside. If you are having trouble locating a book or have other questions call the store at 718-855-7339 or email at TEager@citytech.cuny.edu