LAST UPDATED ON 1/29/24
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA and TAP Application is now available (as of October 1st, 2022). If you are attending Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and/or the Spring 2024 term, complete both applications. Click HERE for more information and instructions. It is an ASAP requirement for you to complete both FAFSA and TAP Application (as long as you are an U.S Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.”
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA and TAP Application is now available (as of December 31st, 2023). If you are attending Summer 2024, Fall 2024 and/or the Spring 2025 term, complete both applications. Click HERE for more information and instructions. It is an ASAP requirement for you to complete both FAFSA and TAP Application (as long as you are an U.S Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.”
- Visit the Student Aid YouTube Page for more information and instructions in how to complete the FAFSA.
Additional Types of Aid:
- The Spring 2024 Excelsior Scholarship deadline is February 2nd, 2024. Go the Excelsior website for information on requirements and how to apply. Current Excelsior recipients should not complete a new application; only first-time applicants.
- Jose Peralta New York State Dream Act is for students who are not able to complete FAFSA and TAP applications due to immigration status.
- Click HERE for instructions in how to complete the Jose Peralta New York State Dream Act and the TAP Application via the Dream Act Application/Portal.
Verify My FAFSA, Financial Aid Tasks and submitting documents to Financial Aid Office (if required)
If you are selected for Verification or need to submit documents to the Financial Aid Office (such as Citizenship/Immigration Status documents, Amended Tax Returns, etc), you will have a “VERIFY MY FAFSA” tasks on CUNYFirst’s Student Center.
Once you log in to the Verify My FAFSA/ Student Forms Portal, you will see the list of task you need to complete.
Emails will be sent to you by CUNYfirst and the ASAP/ACE Financial Aid Specialist with instructions.
For instructions in how to log in and submit/upload documents in order to complete the task “Verify My FAFSA” go HERE.
You may also have other Financial Aid Tasks listed on CUNYfirst such as:
- TAP Application needs to be completed
- Confirm Degree
- TAP School Code
You can click on the task and it will direct you what needs to be completed.
Other options to help you pay your balance
If you are not eligible for Pell Grant, TAP Grant, ASAP Scholarship and/or NYS Excelsior Scholarship, here are some other options to help you finance your education:
- Enroll in a Payment Plan. For more information click HERE. Scroll down towards the bottom of the Bursar’s page. If you have any questions about payment plans, contact Bursar. Last day to enroll in a payment for Spring 2024 is January 31st, 2024.
- Explore NYC College of Technology’s Scholarships page for alternative sources of funding for your education. If you have any questions contact the Scholarship Office.
- If you or your family has experienced a change in your financial situation such as loss in wages/income/hours or unemployment, make an appointment with me, the Financial Aid Specialist for ASAP/ACE via Navigate.
- You can request a Federal Student Loan to assist you with your balance, click here for more information/instructions in how to apply. (Reminder: this is a loan which you will have to pay back regardless if you complete your degree or not) Deadline to apply for Spring 2024 is May 3rd, 2024.
- Consider a non-federal private educational loan. Learn more. (Reminder: this is a loan which you will have to pay back regardless if you complete your degree or not. Also, schools cannot suggest a bank/lender.)
Financial Aid Questions:
- Email the Financial Aid Specialist, Claribel Martinez-Sullivan, at ASAPFinancialAid@citytech.cuny.edu
- Make an appointment through Navigate:
- When making an appointment select “Academic Advising” and then for Services select “Financial Aid”