Cecilia Taveras – Homework #3: Robert Capa’s Death of Loyalist Soldier

While I was reading the article analysis about Robert Capa photograph that was labeled as one of the greatest war photograph that was ever taken but at the same time it was also known for being staged or if an individual may have called it “fakery”. When I was reading Richard Whelan’s discussion of Capa’s photographs, they was a lot of opinions to grasp on to tell if the picture that Robert Capa took was staged or not. During Richard Whelan discussion, he tries to prove that Robert Capa photo that he took which is called “Death of a loyalist Soldier” was staged or not. In my opinion, I believe no one would not do such a thing as in faking a death for a photograph especially standing in such a position that the soldier was in Robert Capa photograph. I believe that Robert Capa photograph was not staged because like the article said, when a person muscle is getting limb and is in the moment of dying, the hands in which the fingers of the individual starts to curls in which the soldier had curled up fingers(left hand) and I believe that a regular person would not know that in order to portray a staged photograph if Robert wanted to stage his photograph. A person would not know until they have gone through it. I believe the soldier position says a lot about Robert Capa photograph not being staged. For example, his right left arms facing us, it shows that it was sort of unbalance, in terms of his rifle was going to fall during the moment from his own hands.

This entry was posted in Homework, Student Posts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.