Homework #1: Cell Phones and Photography

Hello my name is Josue Cruz. I also go by Josh for people who have a hard time pronouncing my name. My major is Advertising and I accidentally fell in love with it when I came to City Tech.

I personally use an Android phone and I have a hard time using an iPhone. I just need a phone that can call and text. I almost never use my camera and watching people use their cameras for silly things is upsetting. People start to think they are “photographers” because they use filters on their phones and know some tricks for taking photos. That might be a way for people to get involved in photography but I have never seen that happen yet. The camera function makes people lazy in certain ways. I have seen professor write things on the board and the students will take pictures of the note or email rather than write it down in their open notebooks.

People use the the camera function for family photos or selfies but when they take a picture of their food it gets a little strange in my opinion. They ordered their food to eat not to take pictures of. The parody is very funny and true. A big function of iPhones today is to take pictures of everything and anything. Somethings good other bad and people have lost the ability to story tell or describe something so they snap a picture.