Homework #1 Cellphones & Photography : Reiana Amarsingh

Hello everyone my name is Reiana in the ARTH 1100 11:30am class. Through my experiences using an iPhone, I love the fast technology of taking a picture and uploading it to i.e. Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. Also, its the quickest way to send someone a picture. If we date back to the 1900s when we didn’t have phones with cameras or just phones that couldn’t take clear cut pictures as an iPhone can, we would have to wait to develop these pictures. With technology today we can get them in a snap of a finger. From flip phones to smartphones, iPhone has connected the world in such a short amount of time. Cell phone photography has expanded and pictures are a norm in the world we live in today. Pictures of any and anything such as food like the video showed are a part of us whether we like it or not.

This entry was posted in Student Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Homework #1 Cellphones & Photography : Reiana Amarsingh

1. kolachica says:

Hello Reiana, my name is Katherine and I am in the other section of Art 1100 10:00 class. In reading your post, I agree with you so much. Nowadays, we have such easy access with uploading photos to Facebook and Snapchat which is also amazing how much the technology has advanced tremendously. The transition from flip phones to smartphones is great and its a good point you brought up because of the many features we have gained that were not accessible with flip phones. I use Snap chat on a daily basis and I think that it is a fun and expressive way to take pictures and upload them for family/friends to see. I agree with you on your last sentence because we all have different ways that we would like to capture a moment whether it is with food. I myself do not take pictures of my food but I do not see a problem with anyone who does.

2. eunice says:

Hey, Reiana! My name is Eunice and in your class! I have to completely agree with you in the use of social media and cellphone photography. Social media has become extremely important in expressing cellphone art to the world. Apple is using time to create later versions of the iPhone with better cameras and investing in developing their photography uses. In a way, this is almost like propaganda that Apple is receiving from all of us. Although many people take food photography, sometimes, food is so delicious you HAVE to share it with the world.