Lynsey Addario, A Woman Photographer on the Front Lines

When I saw this discussion topics first without reading NYT interview with Lynsey Addario, I would say it was too dangerous for women to work in war zone, specially on the front lines because woman can be as strong as man. However, I changed my point of view after reading the ariticle “Women Shooting on the Front Lines” by James Estrin. Some of woman also believe their ability will not limited by their gender. They want to fight for their country. The article points out a fact that the war today unlike thirty or twenty years ago. Special in Alghanistan war, the country is seperated by gender. We need woman to be the front line to earn trust from women in Afghanistan because the same gender will be more easy to communicate even though having different culture.

Therefore, I can not be so sure to say that women should not be in war zone base on this fact that Lynsey reported.  It is not right to corroborate that female can’t fit in war because war plays differently in differnt era. There is always a role that female can serve in the military and lifting ban to female soildor is kind of a limit to women to represent their ability and wish.