Sleeping as Art..

Art is in the eye of the beholder, and what it might be art for someone might not be for other people. I think sleeping is art because when we are sleeping we enter a state of mind that set us apart from reality. I love to watch babies when they are sleeping, I could watch them for hours without getting bored. The beauty about art is that it enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Just as a painting, a sleeper may transmit different emotions to different people, and what it might transmit to me it might not transmit it to other person. When I watch a baby sleeping I feel calm and it opens my head to so many thoughts. In the other hand, I think going to a gallery to see award winner Tilda Swinton gives me a total different perspective of when I watch a baby or a special person in a calm place compared to a crowded museum where there is no really that much intimacy. Moreover, I also believe that the environment matters, if I go to see Tilda Swinton, I can’t really smell her fragrance, hear her breath or watch her closely, and that really changes the way you perceive her.