Robert Polidori Photographs Hong Kongs Rational Planning

Robert Polidori seems to be a passionate photographer who is truly dedicated to what he does. Polidori likes to capture the aftermath of natural disasters and other major events. After viewing his photographs I believe that his work is quite breathtaking and amazing. His photographs are sharp in focus and have lovely colors that add great detail and definition to the photos. His photos do lack people and I can see this as a reason why many critics view his work in a way that makes a catastrophe appear to be aesthetic. Normally when people photograph the aftermath of disasters or events, they usually have people in the photos to better display pain, suffering, remorse or other emotions. The facial expressions, clothing, and conditions of people during these times have an impact on the events that occurred and it is hard to judge what is happening in Polidori’s photos without people in them. Polidori’s photos, even those that include people are all crisp and appealing. His photos do not look like the aftermath of any disaster or event. They simply look detailed, elegant, and professional. I completely agree with critics who believe that Polidori’s photos have an aesthetic effect which makes it difficult to view them as aftermaths of tragedies. However, Polidori purposely takes photos excluding people in order to have the viewer imagine themselves in the photo and possibly place themselves in someone else’s shoes. Even though Polidori’s photos are difficult to define as aftermaths of catastrophic events, I do admire his style and dedication to photography. He tries to expose reality to the world and display outcomes of events where the viewer is forced imagine what is happening in the photo or what has happened.