Lytro’s Revolutionary Camera

A company, Lytro, has created a camera that has a capability that changes the way photo’s are taken. This new camera allows the photographer to adjust the focus of a picture after it is taken. The same picture can be re-focused infinite times.

You can play around with the technology here:

https://www.lytro.com/living-pictures#living-pictures/111771?&_suid=44

3 Responses to Lytro’s Revolutionary Camera

1. I love the shape of this camera, it is shaped like a stamp which I find very interesting. The camera looks very convenience to have around when you don’t want to bring your heavy professional camera or digital camera. While looking at the gallery, I notice that people are having fun taking random picture with this camera and are poking some fun in their life. These camera remind me very much of those toy camera that comes in different shape such as biscuit or chocolate bar and they have been very popular lately as well.

2. How crazy is this? The camera itself is so small. The convenience a camera at this size offers is truly remarkable. I assume the camera refocuses the picture digitally, similar to a post production done in photoshop. It saves you a trip to the computer. This is neat. I’m not sure how conventional it could be, but its a pretty awesome idea.

3. juanpilar says:

This is pretty insane to have a camera that can re-focus so well (in terms of the demo). Not only that, but its pretty portable and fashionable; I can see this becoming a trend in the fashion industry in the near future. If you can upload straight from there onto the internet/apps, you have a pretty good product on your hands.