Graded submission is based on the review of the team OpenLab research site. All team members must contribute to the site. The work will be graded as follows:
- 20% for the team
- 80% for the individual
Nothing to upload – make sure the research site has useful information.
This is a graded submission of your Revit Case study file. You should upload both the original Revit file and a PDF of plotted sheets.
Please complete the following:
- Cover Sheet – includes drawings list and one 3d View of building
- Architectural Floor Plans A-100 series.
- Showed exterior walls & Slab
- Architectural Reflected Ceiling Plans A-200
- (not required for this submission)
- A-300 Exterior Elevations
- All exterior elevations N/S/E/W
- A-400 Building Section & Wall Section Details
- Building Sections at 1/8″
- Enlarged wall section details 3/4″, 1 1/2″ and 3″ scales
- Structural Drawings S-100 series
- Set the proper view template – include columns and beams and tags
Continue to develop your building:
- Add sheets for all your floor plans. Name and number them properly. (don’t worry about laying them all out yet)
- The drawings list schedule should update.
- Work on finishing the building as follows:
- Exterior wall from level 1 to roof
- Basement Foundation wall with perimeter footing.
- Add exterior Windows – you may need to load some families and customize these
- Be prepared to work on the floor plan for next class.
Include a PDF of all your sheets and the Cover and your Revit file
- Cover including drawings list (filtered and sorted correctly)
- Level 1 Plan – includes grid lines, exterior dimension strings, exterior wall (use brick block wall as a place holder – runs from Level 1 to the Roof Level plus 3 extra feet)
- Exterior Elevations – Number these beginning with A-301. Include all 4 main elevations (north/south/east/west). These show Level 1 up to the Roof
- Building Sections – (optional for this deadline) Building sections show the foundation wall and basement – so they take up more space on a title block.
- Modeling Work
- Grids (make these consistent on all floors – use “Propagate Extents”.
- Dimension Strings (use aligned and show dimension’s for grid spacing)
- Exterior Wall (use the BASIC WALL – Exterior – Brick on CMU) make sure the brick is on the outside by drawing clockwise. Offset this 1′-4″ to 1′-6″ from the grid lines.
- Floor Slabs (Architecture > Floor > Floor Structural > 3″ LW Concrete on 2″ Metal Deck). To draw this snap to the outer face of the concrete block in the brick wall.
- Structural Foundation Wall (Architecture > Walls > Basic Wall Foundation – 12″ Concrete). To draw this snap to the outer face of the brick.
- Structural Foundation (Footing) (Structure > Foundation > Wall > 36″ x 12″) Snap to the foundation wall.